Sunday, March 6, 2011

New Baby!

This afternoon we got the chance to go visit Phyllis’s adopted family again.  Ada, Abrahim’s wife,  just had a new baby about 3 weeks ago.  Christine and I have been waiting patiently for a day that we could go over to see the new baby! 

Baby Miriam was as beautiful as ever.  She was really happy and cuddly with us as the three of us took turns passing her around.  I could have held her all day long.  

I think it was a nice break for Ada to have us there as well to entertain hood and hold the little one.  She is still working on her English, she’s originally from Indonesia, but it was nice to try and talk with her as well. 

Hood was not going to be left out at all.  He makes sure to bring puzzles, trucks, and other toys to us.  He sat on my lap and played with his clock toy for a long while.  

I also held him while he played with the fridge magnets for a long time as well.  It’s amazing how simple things can keep little ones entertained for so long.  We also worked on teaching hood how to throw and kick a ball.  We had so much fun with him.

After our visit and nice Sunday dinner Christine and I took Phyllis for our Sunday walk.  The weather is starting to really cool off.  We are heading into their fall season quicker than we expected.  Our evening ended with a visit from Heidi and Anna and a warm cup of Milo.  It is amazing but I now really enjoy Milo.  When I first tried it I hated it.  Then I learned if you put lots of milk, sugar, and extra scoops of Milo it takes better, but now I have trained myself to enjoy it with part milk and no extra sugar!

I had a couple extra random pictures from some of our previous trips that I didn't upload yet.  I like going back and looking and all the pictures I've taken.  I have over a 1,000 pictures from this trip so far between the pictures I've taken and the ones I've gotten from the other girls cameras.
 This is a tiki man that we found at our Piha trip. 
 I have TONS of beach pictures.  I have loved getting to spend so much time at the ocean.  
 Also on our Piha trip, James lead a few of us through this river.  It started out quite shallow, just a nice dip, and then slowly got deeper.  By the time we had gotten to a point where we wanted to cross we were having to hold our stuff in the air while we tried to swim to the other side.  
 This was the sign for the toilets at the bungee jumping place :)  People in New Zealand say "where's the toilets"  instead of saying bathroom or restrooms.
This was from the church in the South Island.  We were wearing our matching dresses.  We love matching :)
This was from when we visited one of the war sights on one of our school nights.

I really am so blessed to be here and given such amazing experiences, in a beautiful country, with some of the sweetest girls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment