Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Flowers From My Sweethearts

School is going well.  I’m still trying to find my balance of teacher not friend.  But I still would do anything for my kids.  I always want them to know that I will be a support when they need me.  Since my class switch I have a couple siblings from my first class to my new class.  One of them is Briana and Chloe.  This morning I was walking before school to drop off something in my old classroom when little Briana runs around the corner crying and her big sister following behind her.  Little Briana just collapsed in my arms crying.  I got the chance to sit and talk with her and later talk with her big sister.  Both of them are such sweet girls but just having sibling drama.

After talking with Briana some of the other students started to come to school.  They asked for my camera and started taking lots of photos.  They love using my camera J

This is sweet little Brianna.



This one is Tiana.

Today at school was Mrs. Chase’s prep day.  All of her students were sent to art for the day and she got to catch up on testing her students and setting up her classroom.  I got the chance to get some of my assignments done, watch Christine teach a lesson, observe a reading recovery class, and get to know Mrs. Chase better.  The reading recovery was a great experience.  There is a specialized reading teacher who works with some of the younger students who are falling behind in their reading and writing.  She had some great ideas to really support the struggling students.

Afterschool I decided to go on a run/walk with Heidi.  We do these every once in awhile.   We try to run as long as we can and then we walk and vent!  It’s very therapeutic.   When I got home from my walk I found a very happy surprise.  Three of my students from my last class Tiana, Filipi, and Colleen found my house and brought me flowers J  They had picked them out of someone’s yard but still it was such a sweet thing!  It made my day!!!  Christine and I sat outside for them while they played with our camera and ipod and did tricks for us.  I could spend all day with these kids.  They are the greatest. 


Christine's holding the flowers the brought :)  So beautiful!!!

Tiana really wanted to make a video.  Listen to her cute accent!  I love how they call me Ms. Bringhurst, I feel so big.
Some of my little kids have a problem with using bad language.  You can't really her Filipi's colorful language but you can hear my reaction ha.  Right now I'm working on them at least apologizing afterwards.  Their bad language just comes out so natural because its such a bad habit.
Filipi kept trying to show me how he could do no hands.  He kept calling out "Look Ms. Look!"
We had a few head stand competitions :)


Such a great day!  It was so nice to have these sweet little visitors bringing flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment