Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Midnight Scare

So last night Christine and I peacefully go to bed at 10:30.  Then in the middle of the night Christine comes over to me and wakes me up.  “Jessica wake up, Jessica wake up.”  Then she started asking me something about if I heard the doorbell (which I hadn't) and she said she was hearing voices.  My first reaction was that she was sleep walking and coming at me.  And for anyone who doesn’t know how I feel about sleep walking let me enlighten you.  It is one of my biggest fears!!!!  The fact that someone can we talking and walking around and not really be conscious of what they are doing and saying freaks me out.   Anyways she proceeded to climb into my bed with me and I started listening.  I could hear the two voices talking too.  I figured out the Christine was mostly awake and there really was somewhere out there. We couldn't quite tell if they were just near our house or at our front door.  We huddled together panicked on who would be coming around our house in the middle of the night.  We had a long while of laying scared in bed that we were going to be attacked by a bad guy or kidnapped like on that movie “Taken.”  I also had the thought that “my mom was right for getting mad about me giving out my number to strange boys in the city here.  They’ve found out where we are and their coming for us.”  Eventually the voices faded and we slowly feel back asleep.

In the morning we found out that the doorbell and voices came from Phyllis’s sister in law who had arrived around 1230am.  I'm still not sure why she's here but we had her and Phyllis talking, and It hadn’t been a bad guy coming to kidnap Christine and I.


We also participated in Part 2 of the Pacifica Festival last weekend.  There were lots of booths set out representing the different Pacific Islands around New Zealand.  It was fun to see all the food that they had, jewelry and crafts, and performances.   We spent at least three hours walking around and seeing everything that was here.  It was such a great cultural experience!



This was one of our favorite groups that we saw.  They were not as "cultural" as some of the other performance groups.  They are a group of four guys about my age singing all these pop songs as serious as they could. The two favorite songs they sang were "Fireworks" by Katie Perry and "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus!


No comments:

Post a Comment