Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Fireside

Today was a successful Sunday!  We walked to our new church building which is only about 25 minutes.  Heidi, Anna, Christine, and I were all asked to start helping in the Primary of this ward :)  We're glad that the bishop is using us as ward members for the next few months.  The four of us were also asked to sing at a youth fireside at our old ward this evening.  The four of us sang the EFY medley with the missionaries that are serving in this area.  We put it together last minutes and it wasn't perfect but it was a really neat experience.  That song always invites a sweet spirit.  I loved getting the chance to be part of the fireside for some of the strongest youth in the church.

One of the speakers of the night gave a talk with 10 tips to help the youth survive their teenage years.  I think these things apply in my life still though.  But I want Garret, Becca, and Kib to read through this list and write it down somewhere so you can remember them :)

1. Identity- find out who you truly are and know that you are loved so much from your family and the Lord.
2. Honor thy father and mother- our parents have a wealth of knowledge and always have our best interests at heart!
3. Chose good role models- pick out characteristics of people you want to emulate
4. Get you patriarchal blessing
5. Chose good friends- make sure they are always uplifting and bringing the spirit to your life.
6. Develop your talents- I know us Bringhurst's have so many its hard to chose which ones to work on :)
7. Keep a journal!
8. Serve a mission- I'm so excited that you're turning in your papers soon Gar!  And Becca and Kib keep the thought in your mind about a mission but for now you can be a missionary at school
9. Understand and use the power of prayer
10. Develop a testimony

I thought these were some good ideas that were shared tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Hey so I was just googling rotorua and your blag came up. As soon as I looked at it I thought I bet this girl is a mormon! Then at closer inspection I find all your posts on firesides etc. Turns out you are!! Haha. Random bit of trivia for you.

    ReplyDelete