Thursday, April 7, 2011

The End of the Road

Today was my last day in Auckland.  I can't believe how fast time has flown on this study abroad journey.  It will be an experience that I truly will never forget.  I have learned so much in the past three months that I couldn't have learned any other way.  I have developed friendships that will last forever.  It has helped me become more independent (it was really hard not to talk to my mom every day).

Probably the thing that I will miss the most are the nights that I spent with Christine, Anna, Heidi, and our home stay families.  The Lords were so fun to be with!  Sheryl always had fun stories for us!  Kerry took us fishing and for rides in the company convertible!  Kodie and Alexis were always so smiley and happy to play with us.


One of the best nights with them was marshmallow roasting!  We even put m&ms in the middle of the marshmallow to get a melty chocolaty middle!


And I will forever be grateful for Phyllis.  She was so sweet to take to young, giggly girls in for three months. I am a better person for getting to spend time and learn from her!
I wish I could write more but I have a plane to catch early tomorrow.  The taxi is picking me up at 4 AM and I am off to Australia!  I will probably have limited internet access so this may be my concluding blog post while I am away from America!  I am going to miss this beautiful country and the friendships that I have made here!

No comments:

Post a Comment